About The Course
This Level 5 Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course is designed for those who want to begin a career in mental health and lay a solid foundation of mental health fundamentals. The course will assist you in assessing work-related mental health issues, determining levels of risk to staff, and implementing strategies to reduce workplace stress.
This course aims to teach you everything you need to know about the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) of 2005 and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS). Learn about the most recent mental health knowledge to help you excel in your chosen mental health career. With the Level 5 Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS training, you will learn the skills required to assess mental capacity and provide care or treatment to people who lack capacity.
Learning Outcomes of Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals concepts of the Mental Capacity Act.
- Know how to make decisions in the patient’s or service user’s best interests.
- Gain the skills to provide quality care and treatment to vulnerable adults who lack the capacity.
- Understand how to manage patient records and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Know the MCA Act 2005 and mental capacity assessment law.
- Understand the public bodies and services created by the MCA Act 2005.
- Gain excellent knowledge of mental health advocacy and advanced planning.
- Familiarise with the legal responsibilities of a social care and mental health care professional when caring for someone who lacks capacity.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of human rights and quality commission requirements.
- Know how to confidently promote social and emotional competency and build resilience.
- Become more transparent and open about mental health issues.