About Diploma in Healthcare Support
As a Healthcare support staff, you can work in different settings within the NHS and private care facilities. The role of the support staff is to assist healthcare professionals in diagnosing, treating and caring for patients. The Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support course provides you with the required knowledge, understanding and skills in order to work in a range of healthcare support settings.
The Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support qualification is formed of mandatory and optional units. The mandatory units cover core competencies whilst the optional units allow learners to choose from a variety of specialist areas to tailor the qualification to their needs, interests and to reflect the context of their work.
The content in this qualification also aligns with the knowledge and skills required for the Senior Healthcare Support Worker apprenticeship standard. The content applies to a variety of roles, including –
- Adult nursing support
- Maternity support
- Theatre support
- Mental health support
- Children and young people’s support
- Allied health profession (therapy support).
So, enrol in our Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support course now and advance your career!
Learning Objectives Of Diploma In Healthcare Support
After completing this Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand how to promote personal development in care settings.
- Understand principles of safeguarding adults.
- Understand how to promote health, safety and well-being in care settings.
- Understand the principles of infection prevention and control.
- Understand why effective communication is important in the work setting.
- Understand working relationships in care settings.
- Implement good practice in handling information.
- Gain deep knowledge about mental health problems.
- Understand the principles of therapeutic group activities.
- Understand current legislation, national guidelines, policies, protocols and good practices to obtain a client history.
- Recognise the causes and prevalence of suicidal behaviour.