About Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training
In recent years, there has been an increase in drug, alcohol, and substance misuse in the United Kingdom. Drugs may destroy people’s lives, and some of the most commonly used drugs, such as cocaine, cannabis, LSD, and heroin, lead to addiction that users cannot overcome. Managers in any workplace are uniquely placed to detect early signs of drug or alcohol abuse and put structures in place to minimise the damaging health, social, and economic effects of substance misuse in the UK.
Our Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training course teaches learners how to support employees and service users struggling with substance abuse. It also raises awareness of the size and scale of substance misuse in the UK, the most commonly abused drugs, and recognising warning signs of a problem. This course also focuses on how managers and organisations can protect the interests of the business and the people for whom they have a duty of care.
Learning Objectives Of Drug And Alcohol Awareness Training
After completing this Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of substance misuse.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the different types of illegal drugs.
- Understand the legal, health, and social implications of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Understand how organisations and individuals are expected to handle substance misuse issues.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the statistics on drug and alcohol abuse in the UK.
- Describe the various types of drug treatment services available in the UK.
- Plan a drug intervention and understand when someone requires assistance.