About The Course
This Level 2 Award in Suicide Awareness qualification aims to raise awareness about suicide. Through this Level 2 Award in Suicide Awareness course, you will gain a thorough understanding of the context of suicide, the impact of stressful situations on an individual, how individuals cope differently with stressful situations, the possible effects of stressful situations on an individual’s wellbeing, how an individual’s outlook may impact their susceptibility to suicidal thoughts, and the importance of talking about suicide, suicidal thoughts, and seeking support.
Learning Outcomes Of Award In Suicide Awareness
After completing this Level 2 Award in Suicide Awareness course, the learner will be able to:
- Gain a solid understanding of the context of suicide in the UK and the importance of suicide awareness.
- Understand different stressful situations an individual may face in their lives that may increase their suicidal thoughts.
- Understand stress vulnerability and how an individual’s coping ability influences their response to stressful situations and the likelihood of suicidal thoughts.
- Understand the impact stressful situations may have on an individual’s mental health.
- Understand the importance of a conversation with an individual at risk of suicide.
- Know how to signpost the individual to appropriate support and professional services.