About the Course
According to the annual Crime Survey, almost 2.5 Million adults experience domestic abuse each year. Furthermore, one in every five children witnesses or is a victim of domestic abuse as a child. Although domestic abuse is often an unreported crime, most cases are kept hidden. Introducing Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Domestic Abuse
This course aims to increase learners’ awareness and understanding of domestic abuse and its impacts. Domestic abuse and its impacts must be understood by those working in various fields, including healthcare, social care, childcare, education, and housing.
Learning Outcomes of Understanding Domestic Abuse
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Gain a better understanding of domestic abuse.
- Understand how national policy and strategy on domestic violence have evolved.
- Understand the signs and risk factors of domestic abuse.
- Gain a solid understanding of the impact of domestic abuse.
- Understand domestic abuse policy, response, and intervention.
Who Should Take Understanding Domestic Abuse Course?
This course is ideal for anyone who has a responsibility to support those experiencing domestic abuse. Moreover, this course would benefit those involved in safeguarding, such as employers, teachers, or social care workers.