About Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
Every year in the UK, people are killed, injured, or suffer work-related illnesses while carrying out their jobs. This Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course contains important health and safety information and principles, UK laws and legislation, and many work-related illnesses and injuries. It includes fundamental electric, gas, and fire safety training, as well as the many forms of PPE, how to operate safely with hazardous chemicals, and other important subjects.
After completing this Level 1 Health and Safety in Construction Environment course, you will be able to properly assess and identify onsite hazards, evaluate workplace safety, and ensure complete competence when doing high-risk activities like working at heights. You will also have all the practical knowledge required to work successfully in any construction industry.
Learning Objectives Of Health And Safety In A Construction Environment
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the legal aspects of health and safety in construction.
- Assess the safety of a workplace and conduct a health & safety risk assessment.
- Understand the importance of safe manual handling in the workplace.
- Gain a solid understanding of risks to health within a construction environment.
- Understand the importance of working around plants and equipment safely.