About The Speech & Language Therapy Course
This exclusive Speech & Language Therapy Course provides learners with a overview of the role of a Speech and Language Therapist, equipping you with the essential skills to advance your career. It includes speech science, speech anatomy, and the characteristics of speech in detail.
This Speech & Language Therapy course will teach you how Speech and Language Therapists help children and adults with speech and language disorders, including swallowing, eating, and drinking issues. It covers the fundamentals of the speech chain model and walks you through the key stages of literacy and language development. This course includes case studies and practical exercises that will teach you how to assess your clients’ needs, set long-term goals, and support them every step of the way to recovery using a variety of communication techniques. In addition, you will gain in-demand professional skills that will help you start your career successfully.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of Speech & Language Therapy.
- Understand the study of communication.
- Explain components of normal speech, language & voice and communication disorders.
- Understand eating, drinking and swallowing disorders.
- Understand the speech & language therapy process.