About The Course
This exclusive Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner) is designed for learners who want to work with children aged from birth to five years, and who want to gain knowledge of children aged 5-7 years in a variety of settings.
Through this Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner course, learners will gain a thorough understanding of child safeguarding, legal requirements, and more. The qualification is made up of well-designed and well-explained modules that will help you establish a solid foundation in practitioner responsibilities. The course will also provide a variety of opportunities for learners pursuing any early childhood practitioner career to prove their competence.
After completing Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Early Years Practitioner.
- Know the legislation and guidelines for health and safety in Early Years settings.
- Know how to work in ways that support equality, diversity and inclusive practice in an Early Years Setting.
- Gain a solid understanding of safeguarding, protection and welfare of babies and young children in Early Years Settings.
- Understand how to support children’s development.
- Know the support care routines for babies and young children.
- Understand the principles of partnership working concerning current frameworks when working with babies and young children.
- Understand how the Early Years Practitioner supports children’s behaviour and socialisation within play environments.
- Understand the impact of food and nutrition on children’s health and development.
- Know how to support babies and young children to be physically active.
- Know the policy and procedure for behaviour within an Early Years Setting.