About Understanding Nutrition and Health
Obesity has more than tripled in the UK over the last 25 years. Insufficient nutrition can result in various health-threatening conditions; thus, understanding the benefits of a balanced diet and the role of nutrition in disease prevention and treatment is crucial.
This Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health will provide you with a thorough understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health. It also discusses how dietary needs change throughout life and differ for different people. This course can help learners who are currently working or plan to work in industries such as sports, fitness, and hospitality.
Learning Outcomes Of Understanding Nutrition And Health
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the principles of healthy eating.
- Know the nutritional needs of children and young people.
- Gain a solid understanding of special dietary requirements.
- Know how to use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet.
- Understand how body image may influence weight management.
- Know the importance of handling food safely.